- Boletus Ltd. (WINNER) a mushroom farming business to fight against malnutrition in Rwanda by providing the necessary proteins for a cheaper price than meat
- Nganizi Rehab Center to help youth with drug abuse and addiction issues
- Imani Inc., an institution in DRC that provides training to street vendors in health and personal finance
- Valued Act, a non-profit that unites the youth in EAC to teach them about sexual health to reduce the number of school drop outs due to teenage pregnancies
- PUPTS project, a government tax-free retail store that caters to primary school teachers and helps them purchase goods at a reduced price to accommodate their low salaries
- Grow The Future, a non-profit that supports students from low-income backgrounds through a pig-farming business
A huge thank you to Michael Marand, our summer volunteer from UNC Chapel Hill, for organizing the event and guiding Scholars through the process.